Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Baptism doesn’t contribute to salvation, but it is important - despite the obstacles - as a declaration of belonging to Jesus.
- In Mormonism, Baptism Is Required for Eternal Salvation
- Biblical Christianity Sees Baptism as Symbolic
- Baptism Is Important Because Jesus Commanded It
- Former LDS Are Often Hesitant to be Baptized
- Baptism Is an Opportunity to Reach LDS Family Members
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Have you been baptized since following Jesus? If so, why did you do it? What was it like?
- How did your family react? How did you handle that?
- If you have not been baptism since leaving Mormonism, what are some reasons why you have waited?
- Michelle compared baptism to a wedding ring. Do you agree or disagree? Explain.
- Read Romans 6:3-4. How are we identifying with Jesus when we get baptized?
- Read Acts 8:35-37. How long did the eunuch wait for baptism after putting his faith in Jesus? How long do you think former Mormons should wait, and why?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Church Life After Mormonism series.