Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
The Bible calls God our “Heavenly Father”. What does it mean that we are his children?
- We Are Not the Same “Species” as God
- Not Everyone Is a Child of God
- We Can be Adopted into God’s Family
- How Can We Become Children of God?
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What metaphors can you think of in everyday language where “child of…” is not meant to be taken literally? (Give examples if needed: “child of the streets”; “child of destiny”)
- Read 1 John 3:10. When the Bible calls someone a “child of the devil”, what do you think it is saying? How does that apply to the phrase “child of God”?
- Read Galatians 4:4-5. What does the metaphor of adoption tell us about what it means to be a child of God?
- Read John 1:12-13. Why do you think faith (believing) in Jesus is the only requirement for becoming a child of God?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Clarifying Salvation After Mormonism series.