Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
What kind of beings are we, and how do we relate to God and everything God made? Let’s take a look at how Mormonism answers those questions.
- Mormons Believe Humans Existed Before This Mortal Life
- Mormons Believe Humans Are the Literal Offspring of God
- Mormons Believe Human Beings Are the Same Kind of Being As God
- Mormons Believe Human Beings Are Capable of Becoming gods Themselves
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What do you love most about being human? What do you wish humans could do that we can’t do?
- Read Genesis 2:7. How does this picture of creation square with the idea of a premortal human existence?
- Why is a premortal existence an attractive idea to some people?
- The Bible emphasizes becoming children of God by adoption (see Romans 8:14-17). How does the metaphor of adoption help you understand what it means (and doesn’t mean) to be a child of God?
- Talk about the Mormon idea of eternal progression. What do you think of the idea that human beings can become just like God?
- “There is comfort in knowing that we are ‘mere mortals’.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why or why not?
- What do you think are the results when people minimize the distinction between God and human beings?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the What Mormons Believe series.