When you go public with your journey out of Mormonism, be prepared for questions LDS friends will typically ask.
- Who Offended You?
- Who Got a Hold of You?
- Did You Start Reading Anti-Mormon Literature?
- What Commandment Couldn’t You Keep?
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What questions did LDS friends and family raise when they found out about your journey?
- When you were LDS, did you ever raise similar questions to others? What assumptions were you making behind those questions?
- Your journey will be different from others, so what role did a personal offense play in your journey from Mormonism – if any?
- What role did “anti-Mormon” literature play in your journey?
- What do you think is the best way to answer when people raise questions like this?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Relationships After Mormonism series.