Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
For people leaving Mormonism, it matters to connect with a new church body on your continuing journey of faith.
- Choose a Church Because Commitment Helps Us Grow
- Choose a Church Because You Have Something to Offer
- Choose a Church Because God Loves the Church
- Choose a Church Because the Church is a Picture of Heaven
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What are some reasons you hesitate to identify with a church right now?
- Tell about a time being part of a team or community helped you achieve an important goal. What happened?
- What are some ways being connected to a church can help you on your faith journey?
- Read 1 Peter 4:10. What are some of the abilities or giftings God has given you? How could these be used to benefit others?
- How have you experienced hurt from Christians? How does this make you feel about connecting with a church?
- How does God feel about the church? Does this affect your attitude toward his church? Explain.
- Explain in your own words the idea that the church is a picture of heaven.
- Of the four reasons for choosing a church listed above, which do you find to be the most compelling, and why?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Choosing a Church series.