Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
The Old Testament prophet Isaiah makes an emphatic case that there is and has always been one one God.
- God himself declares his own uniqueness.
- As the only God, he is also the only Savior.
- God has always been God.
- Our God is a majestic, transcendent being.
See Also: God
Talk About It
- Why is it important to get the right understanding of God?
- Read Isaiah 43:10. What are all the possible ways to understand what God is saying about himself? How do you understand those statements?
- Why do you think God emphasizes not only his uniqueness as God, but also his uniqueness as the only Savior?
- Read Isaiah 43:13. How long has God been God? What are the implications of that concept?
- How does Isaiah 43 challenge the ideas about God you held as a Latter-day Saint?
- What issues about God’s nature and character do you still feel you need to resolve?