Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Many people leaving Mormonism reject all religion. But there are good reasons to reconsider a relationship with God in a new way.
- Betrayal and Trust Issues
- Other Problems with God
- Religious Burn-out
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What reasons have you heard why people who leave Mormonism opt for atheism instead?
- Have you found it hard to trust churches or church leaders since you left Mormonism? Explain.
- How have you done in transferring your trust from church to God?
- What have you discovered about God that goes beyond how Mormonism described him?
- How does the doctrine of grace relieve the problem of religious burn-out?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Regaining Trust After Mormonism series.