Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
One of the biggest questions that religions seek to answer is "How can I be right with God?" That's the question of salvation. Let's take a look at what Mormons believe about it.
- Mormons Believe There Are Two Kinds of Salvation: Immortality and Exaltation
- Mormons Believe People Are Saved by Grace Plus Obedience
- Mormons Believe There Is a Second Chance for Salvation in the Next Life
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever been rescued from some difficult life situation (great or small)? What happened?
- Which aspects of Mormon salvation are dependent on a rescuer (Savior) and which are not? Explain. (See The Mormon view of atonement.)
- What are some ways you have noticed that Mormons use familiar words but with different meanings? (See Mormonism’s language barrier.)
- Read Ephesians 2:8-10. What role does faith play in salvation? What role do good works play?
- Why do you think people have trouble accepting salvation by God’s grace alone, through faith alone?
- What elements of the Mormon view of salvation do you think people might find the most appealing? Why?
- What elements of the biblical view of salvation do you think people might find the most appealing? Why?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the What Mormons Believe series.