Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
What does it mean that human beings are made in God's image? In what sense are humans fallen and sinful?
- God created human beings in his image.
- God created a moral boundary to which humans were accountable.
- Satan tempted the first humans to step over God’s boundary.
- The human choice to rebel against God created a cosmic catastrophe.
See Also: Sin
Talk About It
- Read Genesis 1:26-28. How does this answer the questions, “Who am I?” and “Why am I here?”
- What does it mean to be made “in God’s image”?
- Read Genesis 1:31. What was God’s verdict about the world he made? How does this compare to the condition of the world as we observe it today?
- Read Genesis 2:16-17. Why does God have authority over the humans? Why does he set the boundaries and penalties?
- Read Genesis 3:1-13. What happened to God’s “very good” creation?
- What role did Satan, Eve, and Adam each play?
- What tactics did Satan use in his temptation? How has he used these same tactics in your life?
- Read Romans 5:12-19 and Romans 8:20-22. What are the results of our first parents’ sin?
- Read Genesis 3:15. What promise did God make in response to human rebellion?
- Read Isaiah 53:6. How does the Fall affect each of us?
This is part of the Fresh Start series.
See the expanded versions of the lessons in this series at whc.faith/watch/fresh-start