Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
When people oppose your decision to leave Mormonism in demeaning, controlling, or manipulative ways, you must set firm boundaries.
- A Toxic Relationship Features Ongoing Manipulation.
- The Importance of Setting Boundaries.
- What Type of Boundaries Should You Set?
- Others May Set Boundaries for You.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- How would you define a toxic person?
- Give some examples of toxic responses people have made toward you as you left Mormonism.
- How do toxic responses differ from the normal responses friends and family might make to your faith journey?
- What are some reasonable strategies for dealing with toxic people?
- What are some appropriate boundaries to set with toxic people?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.