Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Why we will not convince Mormons of the truth by rational arguments alone.
- Why Mormons Believe Unbelievable Things
- Latter-day Saints Love Their Religion
- The Power of Beliefs
- The Power of Grand Vision
- Rational Arguments Alone Aren’t Enough
- Present the Big Picture of Scripture
- God’s Great Story Is Good News
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Why do people believe things that might seem to others to be irrational?
- Why will Mormons not be convinced by rational arguments alone?
- The article says, “We must also present a counter-story to the Mormon story.” Do you agree or disagree, and why?
- Try to explain the Christian message, not as a mere set of facts, but as a story that gives meaning to everything.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.