Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
A brief overview of the basics of the mentoring process as we practice it at Faith After Mormonism.
- The authority of the Bible.
- Four essential goals of mentoring.
- The mentoring meeting.
- How a mentoring relationship develops.
- The role of your trainer.
See Also: Mentoring Basics
Talk About It
- What’s your initial reaction to this topic?
- Why is it so important that we start with the authority of the Bible as a core conviction?
- Does the definition of mentoring offered here correspond to mentoring you have received? Why or why not?
- Would you add anything to or subtract anything from the four steps along the mentoring pathway? If so, what and why?
- Why is it important to meet regularly and to be well-prepared?
- Do you agree or disagree with the advice to not be available to your mentoree all the time? Explain.
- In your own words, describe how a mentoring relationship might change over time.
- Why is it important to stay connected to your trainer?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.