Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
A mentor’s goal is to help former Mormons understand salvation as good news, embrace God’s grace, and entrust their life and eternity to Jesus alone.
- The Pull Toward Atheism.
- It Begins with God.
- Our Problem Is Sin.
- Our Solution Is Jesus.
- Our Response Is Faith.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Why do you think so many former LDS go through an atheist phase? What can you do to help someone in that place?
- Why is it important to understand the fallen human condition? Can you think of illustrations that help this idea make sense to former Mormons?
- How would you explain faith? Repentance? How might these ideas be confusing to a former Mormon?
- How might you respond to a former Mormon who says they had a saving relationship with Jesus while in the Mormon church?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
[Related: Clarifying Salvation for Former Mormons – Part 2]