Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
To help us understand how to respond to our LDS neighbors, we should consider the example of how Jesus might relate to Latter-day Saints - based on his interaction with Samaritans.
- Mormons Are Not Like Samaritans
- Jesus Would Rebuke Anti-Mormons
- Jesus Would Build Bridges
- Jesus Would Bring Good News, Not Bad
- Jesus Would Identify the Real Issues
- Jesus Would Make Himself Known
- There Is a Spiritual Harvest in Utah
- How to Thrive
- How to Make a Difference
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What do you like most about living in Utah, and why?
- What is the most helpful thing you have learned in this series?
- How have you seen Christians express antagonism toward Mormons? Have you felt that yourself? What triggered it?
- How did Jesus build bridges toward the Samaritan woman? What can we learn from that example?
- Do you agree or disagree that we should keep our message to Mormons positive? Explain your answer.
- Why is involvement in a healthy church so important in Utah? How can we make sure our church involvement doesn’t keep us from connecting with neighbors?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how “ripe for harvest” do you think Utah is, and why? How has your perspective changed?
- How has your attitude about living in Utah changed since starting this series?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part 4 of the Living in Utah series.
This is part of the Sharing Faith with Mormons series.