Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Without a clear understanding of the Gospel - according to the Bible - you will be hopelessly confused about how to have a relationship with God.
- The Gospel is about what God has done for us.
- The Gospel story starts with God’s creation.
- The Gospel includes bad news.
- The Gospel is good news.
- The Gospel calls for a personal response.
See Also: Plan of Salvation
Talk About It
- How would you have explained “the gospel” when you were LDS?
- How has your concept of what the gospel is changed?
- The word “gospel” means “good news”. Explain why the gospel is good news for you personally.
- Do you agree or disagree that the gospel is about what God does for us, not what we do for him? Explain.
- Why is it important to think of the gospel in terms of trust and trust-breaking?
- Why do you think the gospel requires a personal response?
This video features Paul Robie, pastor of South Mountain Community Church in Draper, Utah, and appears courtesy of the Utah Ministry Training curriculum – utahministry.org/moodle