Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Instead of just hoping you have done enough or are good enough, you can know with assurance that you are accepted by God.
- Overcoming negative emotions In Mormonism
- Assurance before God is Possible
- How to Move to Assurance
- Assurance Comes from the Love of God
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- When you were LDS, in what ways did you struggle with fear, guilt, shame or inadequacy? Explain.
- What are some of the expectations you felt inadequate to live up to?
- Explain the difference between “hoping” and “knowing.”
- Read Romans 8:15-16. How is the assurance of our salvation a work of God?
- How can a good church help you gain assurance of God’s approval?
- Why is the Bible so important in knowing for sure where you stand with God?
- Read 1 John 4:9. How do we know whether or not God loves us?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.