Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
One important issue for any religious faith is what happens after this life is over. So let's take a look at what Mormons believe about eternity, heaven, and hell.
- Mormons Believe Almost Everyone Goes to the Same Level of Heaven
- Mormons Believe the Focus in the Highest Heaven Is on Becoming gods
- Mormons Believe That Families Are Eternal
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What would you like heaven to be like? What do you think it actually will be like?
- Do you find the Mormon idea of heaven appealing? Why or why not?
- If the Latter-day Saint idea of heaven was real, which level do you think you would go to? Why?
- What are some fallacies or problems with the Mormon concept of eternity? (See Can families be united forever?)
- Read Revelation 21:1-9 and 22-27. Compare and contrast this description of heaven with the Mormon view.
- Talk about the idea of families being united forever. How do you feel about being united to your earthly family in heaven versus being united to God’s larger family?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the What Mormons Believe series.