Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Whenever an evangelical Christian and a Latter-day Saint discuss beliefs, they soon encounter the problem of terminology. To have meaningful faith conversations, never assume that your LDS friend understands common terms the way you do.
- Christians and Latter-day Saints Have Different Definitions of the Same Terminology
- Never Assume Your LDS Friend Understands Common Terms in a Biblical Way
- It Is Very Important to Understand What They Think When They Hear a Certain Word
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Have you had a conversation with a Mormon where terminology confusion was an issue? What happened?
- Considering the chart above, which differences seem the most serious to you, and why?
- What steps can you take in a conversation to make sure both parties are truly communicating?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Sharing Faith with Mormons series.