Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Things that we honored or revered in Mormonism may have been idols that kept us from giving God the place he deserves.
- How I Understood Idolatry as LDS
- How My View of Idolatry Began to Change
- Some of the Idols I Identified in My Life
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Looking back, what things may have been idols for you when you were LDS? Explain.
- How is this similar to or different from the idols most common in American society?
- How has your understanding of idolatry changed during your faith journey?
- What can you do to battle the heart’s tendency to create idols?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.