Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
A thoughtful mentor can help transitioning Mormons come to grips with biblical doctrines that are very different from the LDS world view.
- Understanding levels of certainty
- Trusting the Bible
- Accepting the Trinity
- Embracing grace
- Re-visioning the Church
- Letting go of the pre-existence
- Coming to grips with hell
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- How would you explain the different levels of certainty that different Biblical doctrines have?
- What are the best arguments you have heard to support the authority and reliability of the Bible?
- Describe the difference between explaining the Trinity versus explaining the biblical basis for the Trinity.
- What is the relationship in the Christian life between grace and good works?
- What analogies can you think of to explain the unconditional nature of God’s grace?
- What are some implications of thinking about the church as a body or flock rather than as an institution?
- Describe why the idea of the pre-existence might have a strong emotional appeal for people?
- Why do you think hell is a difficult doctrine for former Latter-day Saints to grasp?
- Explain why a patient, non-judgmental approach is important as ex-Mormons tackle new theological teachings?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Mentoring Former Mormons series.