Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
A mentor’s goal is to help former Mormons understand salvation as good news, embrace God’s grace, and entrust their life and eternity to Jesus alone.
- Jesus Paid It All and We Can Not Add Anything to What He Has Done.
- There Are Several Things for Former Mormons to Learn About Salvation.
- Jesus Is Central and Primary.
- Watch Your Attitude.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- What does “the centrality of Jesus” mean to you? How can you weave this into every element of a conversation about salvation?
- How would you explain the relationship between grace and good works? What pitfalls do you want to avoid on this topic?
- Why is baptism important? What obstacles might a former Mormon face when considering baptism?
- How should you respond when your ex-LDS friend doesn’t agree with what the Bible says, or has a hard time letting go of old, Mormon ideas? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
[Related: Clarifying Salvation for Former Mormons – Part 1]