Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
When Mormonism’s claims prove false, former Mormons find it hard to trust anyone else. Mentors can help rebuild and refocus that trust.
- Help People Learn to Trust the Bible.
- Help People Learn to Trust the Church.
- Help People Learn to Trust the Pastor.
- Help People Gain Discernment.
- Help People Trust God.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Why is it so important that former Mormons come to a place of trusting the Bible?
- Read 2 Peter 1:20-21. From this verse, how would you explain the reliability of the Bible to a former Mormon?
- Read 1 Timothy 3:16-17. From this verse, how would you explain the value of the Bible to a former Mormon?
- What are traits or practices of your church or your pastor that might raise trust barriers for a former Mormon? Explain.
- Read Romans 12:2. What does it mean to “renew the mind”? How is this a key to becoming a discerning person?
- Read Jeremiah 17:5-10. How does this apply to the trust issues a former Mormon might face?
- What stories of God’s trustworthy character in your life can you share with a former Mormon friend?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
[Related: Dealing with Loss of Trust]
[Related: Regaining Trust After Mormonism]