Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
- Being a Mormon Is a Family and Social Identity
- Leaving Mormonism Can Cause Disorientation
- Hope for a New Identity Comes From a Relationship with Jesus
See Also: Identity
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Describe the sense of identity you felt when you were Mormon.
- How did it feel to lose that sense of who you were? Explain.
- What elements of your LDS identity have you retained, if any?
- What are some of the problems in defining our identity as being “ex-Mormon”?
- Read Romans 8:15-16. What promises does this passage make?
- Read Ephesians 2:12-13 and 2;19-22. What does this say about what our identity used to be compared to what it is now?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of Your Faith Journey After Mormonism series and the Clarifying Salvation After Mormonism series.