Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
To help a former Mormon embrace a new relationship with God, it helps to understand how most Latter-day Saints are taught to think about salvation.
- The Human Condition Is One with Potential.
- The Ultimate Goal Is to Reach the Celestial Kingdom.
- The Way to God Is Through Obedience.
- There Are Heart Defaults in Mormonism.
- Beware of Terminology Pitfalls.
- There Are Confusing Elements in Salvation for Former Mormons.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Which LDS beliefs do you find most confusing?
- Have you ever read about Mormon beliefs directly from Mormon sources? What would be some pros and cons of doing that?
- In your mind, what are the most important differences between LDS beliefs and biblical beliefs about how to be right with God?
- When you first encountered Christianity, what beliefs seemed confusing or foreign to you? How long did it take to fully adopt your new belief system?
- Have you encountered the terminology differences between Mormonism and biblical Christianity? Explain.
- What do you think might be some of the biblical doctrines that former Mormons might have the most trouble embracing, and why?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.