Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
A journey to a healthy new faith means learning to deal with emotions like loss, anger, and fear.
See Also: Emotions
Talk About It
- What emotions have been most dominant in your life during your transition out of Mormonism?
- In what ways have you suffered loss or grief in leaving the LDS church?
- Read Mark 8:34-35. Does it help you to understand that everyone who comes to follow Jesus will suffer loss? Explain.
- What has made you the most angry in your journey out of Mormonism, and why?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how much anger to you still harbor?
- What have you discovered that has helped you deal with your anger?
- What are some of the fears you have faced on your faith journey?
- Read Matthew 26:36-37. How does it help to know that even Jesus faced fear?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23. How do these verses inspire hope for our emotions?
- Are there emotions you are hanging on to? Explain.
This is part of the 7 Steps through the Swamp: Mapping the Journey to a Vibrant New Faith series, and also part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.