Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Relationships are challenging, but to keep growing after leaving Mormonism, we need to connect with people who can provide encouragement and support.
- You may be tempted to forego relationships.
- Realize that God values relationships.
- Choose your friends wisely.
See Also: Relationships
Talk About It
- What relationship losses did you suffer as you left Mormonism?
- Were you ever tempted to forego relationships during your transition? Explain.
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25. What relationship benefits are described here.
- What are some other benefits of healthy, supportive relationships on your journey after Mormonism?
- What are some relationship pitfalls to watch out for?
- How do you feel about trying to find relationships in a church, and why?
- What are some ways to engage in positive relationships, with or without a church?
- What is the greatest obstacle you currently face in connecting with new relationships? What is your next step in dealing with that?
This is part of the 7 Steps through the Swamp: Mapping the Journey to a Vibrant New Faith series, and also part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.